Student Dress Code
Each student’s appearance must be discreet and modest. It is vital that each student whole-heartedly support the dress standards. Parents will be fully informed of all violations and related problems. Our desire is to keep the dress code simple and reasonable.
- All clothing needs to be clean and in good repair.
- All tops must have Jubilee logo. This includes any sweaters or sweatshirts.
- No athletic wear. Sweatpants will not be allowed.
- All students – are required to wear a selected JCS polo shirt purchased from Lands End or Tommy Hilfiger in the burgundy color for specific school events and activities. You will be notified when your child is expected to wear this specific polo.
- Jubilee sweatshirts and polos can be purchased through Lands’ End or Tommy Hilfiger.
- Shoes: Students need both indoor and outdoor shoes. The goal here is dry, happy feet and keeping messy shoes outside. Students may also wear slippers during the day if they keep them at school.
- Jewelry – The wearing of jewelry and makeup should be kept to a minimum. We do not allow piercings, with the exceptions of one pair of earrings for the girls.
- We also do not allow any tattoos, including temporary ones.
- Hair – Natural in color. No extremes or fads.
- Girls – Girls may wear jumpers or skirts that are knee length and modest. Jeans and slacks should be basic in design, solid colors and not form fitting, with no holes or stains. Skinny jeans, jeggings, leggings, and joggers are not allowed. Younger girls need to wear slacks or shorts under their dresses or skirts. Be careful with leggings as they can only be worn under a skirt of appropriate length.
- Boys – Jeans and slacks should be basic in design, solid colors, no stripes, clean, with no holes or stains. Boys need one dress pair of slacks for special occasions.
*Dress code violations: Our goal is a dress code that is easy and enables everyone to be comfortable and successful. When one person does not follow the dress code it seems to be noticed and upsets many at the school. After the first warning the parents will be notified and the student will not be allowed back in school until the problem has been corrected. We will have multiple sizes of clothing for those who come to school out of dress code, they will be asked to change into the appropriate clothing. Adhering to our simple dress code is part of the requirements for being a student at Jubilee Christian School.
Physical Education Dress Code:
- The students need to wear modest shorts and T-shirts that meet our standards.
- T-shirts can have some small writing on them that is conservative or godly in nature and and in line with our other standards. If you wonder about it, a plain T-shirt is better.
- They should also have a good pair of gym shoes that are appropriate for physical activity.
* From time to time a few dress code exceptions may happen and or may be over looked. Some exceptions may be made for medical reasons. The students need to understand that the dress code has not changed when this happens and that they may be asked to change into clothing that the school will provide. This will be clean clothing that they need to turn in at the end of the day or the next morning. The school will make sure it is clean for its next use.
* Students need to understand that they have agreed to let the teacher correct them when their clothing does not follow our dress code.
Information for ordering Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger
Join our email list to ensure you receive promotional email notices directly. You can sign up at https://www.globalschoolwear.com/emailsignup using school code: JUBI01